History

1905  
Foundation of a carpenter’s workshop in Unterkirnach in the Black Forest through the grand-grand father of today’s director Karl F. Gutmann.

 

1907   
Installation of water driven mechanical saw, the first of its kind in the area.

 

1918   
Production of shoes and simple furniture.

 

1935  
Take-over by the grant father Karl Friedrich Gutmann.

 

1945   
The portfolio was increased by housing furniture, windows, doors and roof trusses.

 

1950
Producing different kinds of wood housing for small watches and grand father clocks.

 

1960   
Industrialized production of office furniture and first school furniture with integrated network technology.

 

1975   
Take-over by Helga and Karl Gutmann, the parents of today’s company owner.

 

1976   
Gutmann installed the first complete classroom configuration, furniture, power cabling and teaching system. These were the first audio networks, the start of the later language and multimedia labs

 

1980   
By developing the first language lab, Gutmann entered the growing market of the first Computer Training Network Systems that lead into the further development of today’s Multi Media Laboratories.

 

1982   
Foreign markets were developed by Helga Gutmann.

 

1986   
Together with the government of Baden-Württemberg Helga Gutmann established the PTS (Professional Training Systems), an organisation of schools, universities and companies.

 

1998   
Establishing the Organisation WPS Worldwide Promotion Ship e.V. by Helga Gutmann.

 

2001   
Take-over by the son, today’s director Karl F. Gutmann.

 

2002   
Extension of the portfolio by customized furniture such as microscope tables, control room furniture and teaching laboratories.

 

2003   
Moving into the new factory building in Villingen Auf Herdenen 4

 

2004   
Developing a new generation of a modern Multimedia Language Laboratory, the SML6000.

 

2005   
Celebrating Gutmann’s 100th anniversary

 

2006
Developing the mobile classroom.

 

2010
New product ranges, reception, lounge and bistro.

 

2015/2016
Enlargement of the production site at Villingen-Schwenningen.

 

2017/2018
Development and launch of the "Teacher's Desk 4.0" to meet the requirements of future digital education.